Tamara's Reviews > Just Beyond the Clouds

Just Beyond the Clouds by Karen Kingsbury

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: karen-kingsbury

JUST BEYOND THE CLOUDS is the sequel to my favorite book A THOUSAND TOMORROWS, maybe that's why it fell a little short for me. Though I loved the characters, story, and theme of the book, what hooked my on A THOUSAND TOMORROWS was it be written in a rodeo setting. And since I am a sucker for anything western, that is why A THOUSAND TOMORROWS is one of my all-time favorites. All that said, judging JUST BEYOND THE CLOUDS by itself, without preconceived expectations, it was a very enjoyable read.

The two main characters, Cody and Elly, feel scared by love, though by different circumstances. Cody has come home from the rodeo to try and rebuild relationships with his family that have become strained. Wanting nothing more than to dote on his Down Syndrome brother, he’s angered to find out he has been enrolled in a program that is preparing him for independent living. He butts heads with Elly, the director of the program, but soon finds himself drawn to her. Elly on the other hand is not looking for love after a devastating break-up of her own. But somehow, she can’t seem to get her mind off of Cody.

A very rewarding love story with three-dimensional characters that you can’t help but love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Beyond the Clouds.