Jakob's Reviews > Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss

Apr 26, 2011

it was ok
Read in January, 2012

If you're thinking about whether you should read Eats, Shoots and Leaves I recommend you ask yourself first "Am I a grammar Nazi?"

If the answer is yes then go ahead, you'll love it. If you belong to the rest of the human race check out this hilarious article instead which is also surprisingly informing.

Although I'm a bit of a language geek I generally found the author obnoxious and her observations pedantic. Languages are living things and although it's important to try your best to keep good grammar the flaws that you will see all around in signs and language usage is what makes it all so fascinating. It all sorts itself out in the end.

... also interrobang is a really cool word.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eats, Shoots & Leaves.

Richard Jakob, This is a hilarious review. I was a big fan of both Hogan's Heroes and Do You Want to Be a Millionaire?

I looked at the article about the 7 corrections that are not wrong. And I have to say that I don't agree with all those points. So, does that make me a grammar nazi? Maybe, but please don't tell anyone. To quote Sergeant Schultz, "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know no-THING!" :)

Jakob Thank you Richard :)

I think the article is more concerned with being funny than right :P It managed to tickle my laughter nerves anyway :)