Holly (2 Kids and Tired)'s Reviews > The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World.

The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett

May 13, 11

Read on May 13, 2011

Taking a sabbatical and traveling sounds fun. Any traveling is fun, I can attest to that. And, taking a year off of work and life could be a fascinating experience. Jen, Holly and Amanda did just that and traveled the world, seeking adventure. This memoir is told from their alternating perspectives and narratives. The book is refreshingly honest and they hold nothing back when it comes to conflicts and issues between them.

There are some fun anecdotes and a lot of drama. I would have liked less drama and boyfriend issues as I never came to care about these girls and their personal lives, but I was curious about the places they visited.

I also think I would have related more to this if I was a single, 20-something searching for adventure. I'm a 40-something wife and mother who has traveled a bit and is quite happy with her life as it is. We do plan more traveling as our children get a little older and I love reading about adventures or experiences in places I'd like to visit. What I didn't like and could have done without was all the details and information about parties and pubs and exploits. None of that added to my enjoyment of this memoir.

I think fans of books like Eat, Pray, Love will enjoy this. It wasn't one that particularly resonated with me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Girls.