Tracy Michelle's Reviews > Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle

May 08, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Read from April 30 to May 01, 2011

I had a nice long review for this typed up but then accidently deleted it so I'm going to give it another try.
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks is a story about individuality, family, sisters, and growing up. There were times where I found myself having trouble getting through this and I thought the plot was pretty predictable. Why such a high rating then? Because I loved the characters. I found them relatable and realistic. The relationship between Carly and her younger sister Anna reminded me a lot of my relationship with my own sister. In face I'm pretty sure there were conversations in this book that I've had word for word with my sister.
I also liked that it took place in Atlanta. It was nice to see a book that takes place in my state, something that is rare unless the writer wants to portray rednecks.
This is a good read if you're looking for something light and funny. I recommend it for all sisters, particularly older sisters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks.

04/30/2011 page 147