Brianna's Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Sara Shepard

Apr 26, 11

Another one? Okay then. I will read it, because i am such a fan and i love the series, but really? It was a perfect ending to the series. Left us wondering, but still closed the mystery of Ali's death. Gah. Here is a summary of the new book that i found on Tumblr:

"It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually."

So it apparently has nothing to do with Ali. You'd think the girls would have smartened up after nearly dying many times. We'll see how this works out. Bring it on, Sara Shepard.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.

08/01/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael I totally agree with this. The last book should be the end, but I guess she thought differently

message 2: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna Yeah, i think it may have to do with the television series doing so well and maybe she wanted to give them more books because if i remember correctly, we may have already gone through like, 4 books in the show? I don't remember. Oh well, with or without the new books, i hope the show can find a way to continue like Gossip Girl did!

message 3: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael I personally don't like the show. Ironicly the only reason I started the books because of it. But the show just doesn't interest me as much.

message 4: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna Haha i really like it, but i tend to like girlier shows (if you could say that) like Gossip Girl, Hellcats, Glee, Nikita and Vampire Diaries, haha. :P

I started the books because of it too. I had seen them in bookstores, but i was never interested enough by the dolls on the covers to read them. Luckily my friend owns all of them so i just borrowed them once i decided i was going to follow the tv show.

Lubna I had once seen an interview with Sara Shepard and she said there are only 8 books... guess not...

message 6: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna Lubna wrote: "I had once seen an interview with Sara Shepard and she said there are only 8 books... guess not..."

no kidding. guess she changed her mind.

Reut Seems like the trend nowadays is to extend series- I mean look at The Mortal Instruments.

message 8: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna yes well it is one thing to add another trilogy to the series and another to add a 9th, 10th and 11th book. Especially when it ENDED.

Reut I know! *begrudingly* I suppose I'll still have to read it, though.