Cassandra Curtis's Reviews > On the Hunt (Includes: Sentinel Wars #3.5, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5)

On the Hunt (Includes by Gena Showalter

Apr 26, 11

Read in April, 2011

I love anthologies because I like to see how various authors write to a specific theme. What are the similarities or the differences? How do they handle the topic? Also, I simply enjoy a good short story.

Gena's story Ever Night felt like an alternate reality.speculative fiction more than a flat out paranormal, but I loved it, probably because the story colors outside the lines and scribbles on the envelope. The setting became a character all on it's own and I really enjoy those type of short fiction.

Shannnon's contribution, The Collector, was more along the traditional lines of paranormal romance, with a demon hunting hero and a slightly mystified and clueless heroine struggling to come to grips with her new reality of knowing what the world is really like. Since I also love to collect things, I enjoyed this aspect of the story, and of course, she writes very hawt heroes with attitude, so I loved it. :-)

Jessica's Crystal Skull is an explosive mix of paranormal suspense and romance, which really moves the story along. I wanted more from her main characters and hope they find their way into another of her books with cameo appearances.

Deidre's Red Angel was a nice twist on the traditional paranormal, and I loved that the setting was the south and the characters southerners. :D

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Hunt (Includes.