Tonya's Reviews > She Makes It Look Easy

She Makes It Look Easy by Marybeth Whalen

May 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read from April 30 to May 06, 2011

When I read The Mailbox, I raved about it for days. Loved the whole idea! Then I couldn't believe it when I found out Marybeth was coming out with a second book! How awesome is that I ask you!

She Makes It Look Easy is a bit more thought provoking and really hits home in a lot of areas. Especially for women I think. We all think each other has it so much easier or at least I think everyone else has it easier and does it so much better than I do. However, appearances aren't always what they seem. Someone might have it so put together on the outside but might be falling apart on the inside.

Ariel has just moved with her husband David and 3 rowdy boys to her dream neighborhood, Essex Falls. She wants everything to be perfect. When she meets Justine, the neighbor that lives behind them, she sees a potential friend. However, something always seems out of place. Ariel doesn't listen to this nagging feeling though, she tries her hardest to impress and befriend Justine.

Justine is up to no good though, an affair-in-the-making on the skirts and I don't think Justine knows the word friend as it really means to be a friend. It is all too true that even though people like Justine get up in front of ladies at church, and speak and seem to have it all, they really don't.

I loved Ariel, she had such a heart and even though things were hectic in her home, she knew the one person to go to, our Lord. Even better were Betsy's words at the end. We have to make sure we don't fall into that trap of wanting what other people have, being content with what WE have. What He has given us, indeed is what WE need.

I loved this book, it went by way too fast. What more can you ask for? Marybeth hit the nail on the head with this one! We all need a wake-up call sometimes to be careful what and who we idolize and follow.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Makes It Look Easy.

05/03/2011 page 37