Trinity Rose's Reviews > 40

40 by Travis Thrasher

May 02, 11

Read from April 26 to May 02, 2011

40 a novel by Travis Thrasher is a fantastic book I would have given a 5 plus rating, but for two reasons. First I don’t believe a Christian book should have any bad language at all, even through the person isn’t a Christian at the time. Sure Christians swear at times, but that doesn’t mean we have to read it in a book. I feel it is offensive and if I knew before about the swearing I wouldn’t have agreed to read it.
The other reason I won’t give this book a 5 star rating is because I would have loved the book to have a page or two more. I feel it wasn’t finished. I know a lot of books let the reader think up their own ending, but I don’t feel the story is really finished that way.
Tyler Harrison music producer, turned thirty-nine and he sees his guardian angel, Matthew. His angel insists that Tyler will die on his fortieth birthday, which is nine months away. During this time he thinks of his failures and that he really hasn’t done anything in his life worth remembering. Matthew shows him several things that could have happened to him if he wasn’t protected and I found that very interesting. 40 has some very dark happening, but I found them very fascinating. This book isn’t for everyone just for those who long for a book
that will make them think.
It is full of lots of suspense, twists and turns. I really liked the way Travis wrote about the DJ named Ellis a pastor named Will, how they became his friends and how they impacted his life.
I really liked this book very much, but for the previous two points I mentioned. If I knew about either of these points, the language or the ending I wouldn’t have agreed to read it, but also glad I did.
With all of that I still say this is a good book to read and I will recommend it.

I received my free copy from Sarah Reck at Faith Words/HachetteBookGroup, for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 40.

04/27/2011 page 149