Mombo's Reviews > Tears Of The Renegade

Tears Of The Renegade by Linda Howard

Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: series, silhouette-intimate-moments, read-in-may-2011, read-in-2011, 1985, 04-april, linda-howard
Read from May 20 to 23, 2011

I have to say I started off not loving this book but the ending made up for it enormously. On the negative side, I'm not a fan of men who wear beards, vengeful men, scheming wealthy men, and men who say up front they only want sex from the women they're involved with which, of course, Cord was. I'm also not a fan of women who put up with ALL of the above.

On the plus side, I liked Susan who was caught so hopelessly between Preston and Cord, her strength of character, her hard work and determination to do what's right made me v.sympathetic. The storm and the boardroom standoff were the best parts along with Susan's decision to walk away. Having Cord come to the realization that their relationship was what was most important to him finally redeems him, imho.

Having him apologize over a period of time and work things out with Susan was truly very touching. Though somewhat dated, it made for a good story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tears Of The Renegade.