Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews's Reviews > Mercy Thompson: Homecoming

Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs

Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, posted-reviews-comments-ratings, new-adult, paranormal, romance, series, 05-stars-favorites, adult, fiction, series-manga, manga, posted-facebook, posted-twitter, posted-blog, posted-amazon
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: Personal Favorite
Recommended for: Adult Readers of Paranormal Graphic Novella's & Lovers of the Mercy Thompson Series
Read in January, 2011 , read count: 1

5 Stars:
The story is good and informs readers how Mercy and Stefan became friends. As well as how the tantalizing not so much a relationship ignites a flare when Adam thrusts his way into Mercy life. We also discover the reason the cat like wolves and why the cat will never be eaten by Adam no matter how grumpy he may seem.

This was my first graphic novel experience and I was somewhat disappointed. In this prequel to The Mercy Thompson Series, it introduces us to the tri-city area Mercy calls home. The story line is good, however, it holds several major inconstancy/ inaccuracies are apparent throughout the novel but don’t let that distract you. It is an enjoyable read if you are a fan of the Mercy Thompson Universe! However, I feel I must warn readers, especially the females. Mercy strong heroin character goes from being a Native American/ white coyote with a back bone to an always naked brunette with big tits a little brain.

I enjoyed a peek into tantalizing not so much a relationship ignites a flare when Adam thrusts his way into Mercy life. However, again ~this differs from what Patricia Briggs has written in her series. We also discover a new reason the cat likes wolves and why the cat will never be eaten by Adam no matter how grumpy he may seem. In addition, readers learn a different scenario as to how Ted, Stefan and Zee fit in Mercy’s life. Again, that differs from the original story line.

In conclusion, in the back of this hardback graphic novel, readers will find and enjoy an art gallery and an interview with the author, Patricia Briggs, by David Lawrence.

My absolute favorite and will read again and again. I strongly recommend! It has outstanding qualities. The characters are wonderful and surprising and multi-dimensional. The writing is luring, engaging, and well-crafted enough to keep me interested from cover to cover and beyond. The plot is astonishing with twists and turns weaved into a well thought and planned story. There’s no pretense and romance was well balanced and done entirely correctly with properly distributed amounts of hints, behaviors and incredible, undeniable chemistry. Predictability is at an all-time low. With the exception of series based books that follow the same path but are just as good. Overall, Favorite, must read again, recommend!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy Thompson.

09/19/2013 marked as: reviewed