Zeek's Reviews > Mackenzie's Mountain

Mackenzie's Mountain by Linda Howard

Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: favorites-all-time, favorite-author-all-time, contemp-rom, favorite-hero, alpha-hero
Read in August, 1990

Mary Potter has come to small town Ruth, Wyoming to teach at their school. She becomes particularly concerned when one of her best students, Joe Mackenzie, informs her he's quitting.

Joe's father, half Native American Wolf Mackenzie, is fine with letting Joe do as he deems best, knowing he raised him to stand on his own. When the town's new teacher climbs the mountain he's isolated himself on to fight for her student, something about the feirce little teacher breathes life into the stoic ex-military man and they find themselves entangled in helpless attraction.

But hatred raises it's ugly head in Ruth, and Mary finds herself the target of a bigot's revenge, because its obvious to everyone that lone Wolf Mackenzie has finally fallen in love.

This entire series is a constant reread for me. I adore Wolf and Mary. It was written a good 20 yrs ago as a category romance, but its so much better than the stuff this author cranks out now-a-days. Still, for creating Wolf Mackenzie and the entire Mackenzie clan, I will love her til the day I die.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mackenzie's Mountain.

MelissaB I love this book and have reread it countless times too!! I will also always love LH for creating the Mackenzies, despite what I think of her current stuff. Love Wolf!

Zeek word ^^