DDog's Reviews > Bullet

Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton

Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: at-home, from-library, fantasy, horror, sex, vampires, werewolves
Read from April 24 to 26, 2011

This gets a four for some nice lines and scenes, but the rest of it doesn't really give me hope for future books. I was told this one was a return to the series before things got distracted and unpleasant in the last few books, and it's nice to see Richard not being an ass for once and Asher get some love, but really. I'm tired of seeing the same phrases used to describe the same characters every book, like I didn't read the last eighteen. The series is way past the point where someone could pick up with the latest book and understand even a tenth of what's going on. And half the characters use similar turns of phrase in dialogue so they all sound the same. If I hear "true sexual sadist" come out of one more person's mouth I will cut something.

But still, some nice scenes and lines. Just stop destroying my will to read. Please!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bullet.

04/26/2011 page 198
56.0% "I can't stand the way LKH describes her characters the same way in every book. I've read ALL of them, I know how white Damien is because he's a viking who hasn't seen the sun in centuries. Stop telling me that in EVERY BOOK."