Chibineko's Reviews > Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening Arc, Vol. 2

Higurashi When They Cry by Ryukishi07

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: creepy, cool, horror, manga, murder, mystery, yen-press
Read in April, 2011

I tore into this book as soon as it arrived in the mail & I have to say that so far this arc has been pretty good. There's really not much I can say review-wise, so I'll try to keep it simple.

The artwork in this volume keeps up with the standard with the series, which is very high. I absolutely loved how well it showed the tension & frustration that Shion goes through as she begins her inevitable descent into madness. I really love how each volume & arc of the series shows a little something new about everything that's going on & reveals the true culprit's identity little by little.

Since this particular part of the arc hasn't really been covered by the previous ones, people who might complain about the arcs being a little too monotonous will like the change of pace here. There's a few points where the story gets a little jumbled, but I can't help but feel like that's on purpose to deliberately make the reader feel disoriented. Much of the main gist of the story is the confusion that the characters feel, so I can understand where it would be important to draw the readers into that same feeling.

This was a fine volume & I'm looking forward to seeing the next one wrap this particular arc up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Higurashi When They Cry.