Jane Stewart's Reviews > Master of the Mountain

Apr 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: erotic-contemporary-romance
Read in April, 2011

Lots of tying up, embarrassing, and pleasuring the woman. I would have liked a little more story, but it was good.

STORY BRIEF:
Rebecca is an artist working for an ad agency in San Francisco. Her live-in boyfriend Matt joined a swingers club. He wants Rebecca to accompany him for a long weekend in the mountains with the swingers club. Rebecca has rarely been pleased with sex, so she thinks she’ll give it a try. While there, she just isn’t into it and does not join in. When she goes to her cabin to sleep, she finds Matt and another woman having sex. So Rebecca leaves them and tries to sleep outside on the porch. Logan is one of the resort owners. He sees Rebecca outside nearly freezing and takes her to his room. She responds in ways that tell him she could be a submissive. They have crazy kinky sex for the next few days.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This is my fourth Cherise Sinclair book. I find the sex scenes very similar - lots of tying up, embarrassing, and pleasuring the woman. If you like the others, this is more of the same. But for hotness I think I prefer other authors. I’m not sure why. This is submission and discipline by a strong dominant. There are spanking, sex toys, and rear door activity. At times the sex scenes seemed a bit lengthy. I would have liked a little more story or character development.

The story was pretty good. Rebecca is large boned, with big hips and a pudgy stomach. She feels undesirable. Logan disagrees. Some scenes are unsettling due to embarrassment for Rebecca, for example when Logan has her nude in front of others. But that’s part of the submission scene – I guess.

I really liked the two main characters. I enjoyed the story about Rebecca’s fear of dogs and what happened with that. I also enjoyed the sweet ending.

OTHER BOOKS:
I’ve reviewed the following Cherise Sinclair books.

Masters of the Shadowlands series:
3 stars. Club Shadowlands, Bk 1
3 ½ stars. Breaking Free, Bk 3

Novels:
3 ½ stars. The Dom’s Dungeon
3 stars. Master of the Mountain

DATA:
Story length: 247 pages. Swearing language: strong, including religious swear words. Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: 11. Approximate number of sex scene pages: 66. Setting: current day California. Date published: eBook 2009, paperback 2010. Genre: erotic contemporary romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Mountain.

09/23/2016 marked as: read