Emily May's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: pnr, paranormal-uf, 2011
Read from August 27 to 31, 2011

The Night Huntress series is a big guilty pleasure of mine. I love the characters, the dialogue and each new challenge presented to Cat and Bones in every book. They are not deep stories and there is quite a large emphasis on romance and sex, rather than mysteries, but they're pleasurable and addictive... like chocolate. And they're also better than a great deal of the paranormal genre because Jeaniene Frost writes fantastic characters and banter between them.

It's more than just paranormal romance but less than your typical urban fantasy, it's what I will refer to as paranormal chick-lit because it has the same light-hearted, feel-good factor of the best chick lit novels but with an array of colourful and interesting supernatural creatures. And it is so funny. And sexy. All the characters have well-written personalities that lead to fantastic scenes that you can actually picture being real because Cat, Bones, Vlad, Spade, Ian and whoever else all have very distinct voices - and I love them all for different reasons.

I did miss Vlad in this installment but luckily it seems he's getting his own spin-off series soon, so major YAY! Basically, if you enjoyed the rest of the Night Huntress series, chances are you'll love this one too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lora (last edited Aug 31, 2011 01:55PM) (new) - added it

Lora Basically, if you enjoyed the rest of the Night Huntress series, chances are you'll love this one too.

Well that's good to know. I've not even read This Side of the Grave yet; I've got some catching up to do. :)

Paranormal chick lit seems like the perfect simple description for this series, BTW. :)

Emily May I do love them all but I think so far 4 was my favourite. What about you?

Elizabeth Salom (elistar) 4 was my favorite, too. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this one! I'll be reading it soon.

Alexis 4 was also my favorite also great minds think alike ;)