Jeffrey Arrowood's Reviews > The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss

Nov 24, 11

Read from April 25 to November 24, 2011

This is not a book to read all the way through, so I have not. It is a reference book. I used the weight loss program Ferris recommends and lost 10 pounds in 3-4 months, but then plateaued. This book has given me some valuable take-away habits. However, I find my reaction to it much like the 4-Hour Workweek. Ferriss' ideas seem contrary to popular wisdom just for the sake of being contrarian. They work, but they fit a pretty narrow goal set. I'm not blaming Ferriss. He does not over promise. He is very honest and straight forward about the fact that his ideas will appeal only to those people who have the specific goals he is promoting.

For example, his weight loss diet is good for weight loss, but isn't sustainable for keeping the weight off. There is too much missing in the area of nutrition. I am now doing a calorie counting diet of the kind Ferriss ridicules and my weight is going down again, this time with a much more balanced diet (fruit and dairy are back!).

I will probably keep this book on hand and explore other diets in it for specific goals. But I can't recommend this book as one that will have wide appeal.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 4-Hour Body.

11/24/2011 page 571

Jeffrey Arrowood I am trying out his fat-burning plan. After week 3 it is becoming obvious that his claim that this diet burns fat without exercise is doubtful at best. However, I really do think that it does help make the exercise more productive. I'm trying the diet for two more weeks before I pass final sentence.