Kris's Reviews > The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, books-reviewed
Read on June 27, 2011

Review up at Imaginary Reads!

All you book fanatics out there, Allison van Diepen has brought our biggest dream to life: she brings a book’s hero to life. Readers will envy Amy as she interacts with Alexander Banks, the handsome hero of the Otherworld series, and teaches him about life in our world. Still, Allison hasn’t forgotten the other, darker side of the Otherworld. Readers will cringe when it becomes apparent that Alexander has come in pursuit of Vigo Skaar, a vampire and Alexander’s archenemy. And readers will wonder if Alexander must return to his world.

I was insanely jealous of Amy for having the chance to meet the man of her dreams (or fanfiction, should I say?). Who hasn’t dreamt of romance with the hero of a book? I’ve envied many heroines the love they share with guys I know are too good to be true. That’s half the reason for reading—to escape into another world. I myself was enthralled by the tall, dark, and handsome Alexander Banks with his catchy name and moody ways.

I enjoyed watching Amy learn sides of Alexander that Elizabeth Howard, author of the Otherworld series, failed to mention. For example, the other scars he bears from past encounters with vampires, his interest in learning about the way muscle work together, and his humor. It really makes you appreciate characters in a story, and it makes you wonder… do other worlds really exist?

The Vampire Stalker is a quick and highly entertaining novel. A short read, it’s perfect for a summer afternoon with its light mood and memorable characters. There were times when I couldn’t skim the pages fast enough, eager to know what fate would befall the characters, and there were times where I just wanted to savor the mood. All the while, I wanted to know if Alexander and Amy would get together. After all, that is half the reason I picked up the book. To know if a romance could bloom and thrive between two worlds.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Stalker.