Katie's Reviews > The Last Single Woman in America

The Last Single Woman in America by Cindy Guidry

May 22, 11

Read from April 25 to May 22, 2011

This is another unconventional book. It's a collection of essays and although some parts repeat itself, because it's all by one author, it doesn't read as a linear story. I liked the majority of the essays and most were pretty funny, but I'm not a huge fan of essay collections although if you didn't know it was set up that way, you might not be sure that that's what it was. I could definitely see this book being made into a chick flick type of movie, it's set up nicely for that. It's a fun beach read kind of book, nothing too memorable, but you won't be upset that you spent time reading it. Being a single woman in America, a lot of the stories spoke to me, but the author is in her 40s, and me being in my 20s, I couldn't relate to some points she was at in her life, like the essay about her biological clock going off, but that's okay, still a good read that I might give another go if I need a good book for vacation someday.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Single Woman in America.