Tony's Reviews > No Second Chance

No Second Chance by Harlan Coben

Apr 25, 11

Harlan Coben- No Second Chance (Signet 2004) 4 Stars

When Dr. Seidman and his wife are shot in their home, his daughter is kidnapped. When he is given a ransom note, he checks himself out of the hospital. Trying to get his daughter back, things go wrong almost from the start. Now he must search for his daughter’s kidnappers and fight to get his daughter back, all the while not knowing if she was alive.

Great opening sentence and opening pages in this book; it grabbed my attention immediately. It lets the reader know that they are in for a wild ride. This book was pretty intense at parts, and had cooling periods to give the reader a little break, but not so much to be at the point of boring the reader. I liked the characters in this book; they were interesting and added to the book nicely. The plot was pretty good as well; it had many twists and turns, keeping the reader guessing. I did wonder why the cops were so set on Dr. Seidman being guilty; there were too many things that just didn’t fit into place for him being guilty. Overall the book was pretty good; I would recommend it for those who like a good thriller.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Second Chance.