Cid Tyer's Reviews > Rigger

Rigger by Kelly Jamieson

Apr 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011-books
Read in April, 2011

I picked out this book because of the title, not realizing that it was something other than what I was anticipating. It was a good surprise. The characters are old friends with a foundation for their future experiences together. I have zero personal experience with bondage so one thing that is always hard to gauge going into a book like this is if the content will be uncomfortable to read. It isn't. The hero explains that what he is doing is a specific style of bondage. It's about connection and vulnerability, and in the end he learns it's also a spiritual journey. This is more than just two characters tying each other up figuratively and literally to bump it horizontally - or any other way you can align it. There's a story there about their lives, about their past, and their future.

The one thing that was a little uncomfortable was that at one point the couple encouraged voyeurism. I'm not a fan of it, but it was believable and comfortable within the context of the story. I honestly forgot all about it by the end of the story because the rest of the story was that great.

A really great read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rigger.