Isamlq's Reviews > Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

Apr 25, 11

“What did he just say?” I think this was a constant reaction from me given that this is my first Fforde novel. And, boy did I slow down my pace. I even put it down a couple of times to get the details straight, EVEN SO: Shades Of Grey is worth it.

Eddie and his world are definitely quirky, different and funny! He simply wants to marry Constance and get a good job; first he must go to the Outer Fringe to conduct a chair census. On his way, he and his father meet a Grey camouflaged as a Purple as well as meet a certain Jane. Consequence? He is smitten. And that’s just the start too. So many things in this was different for me! The world that Eddie lives in is one organized according to color. So many things in this was different for me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Grey.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Flannery I loved this one. I agree that it is sometimes hard to get into and keep up with but the world is so amazing! I can't wait to hear more of the story. You should check out the Thursday Next series if you liked Fforde's quirky sense of humor in this one:)

Tina I love Jasper Fforde. I agrer with Flannery - go with the Thursday Next series...um, next! :) Those books make me pick up reading again :)