Jodie (Books for Company)'s Reviews > Sixteenth Summer

May 05, 11

Read from April 25 to May 01, 2011

** spoiler alert ** www.booksforcompany.com
3.5
I didn’t know what to expect from this book, the cover definitely makes it look like a book based around summer. This 'guess' would be correct!
Sixteenth Summer is everything you want in a summer read ; Sand, sun, sea and romance. Seriously, this is a perfect summer read which l could see myself reading on the beach while having a lazy day, the only problem? I didn't read this on the beach; l was stuck inside on my laptop reading it! There is certain times when l want a easy read which doesn't require thinking and this is definitely one of those books. It really is a simple story line which is all just about summer and romance. Half way through this book l didn't know if anything was going to ‘pick up’ but it pretty much stays at the same pace throughout the book and like l said, makes for a good relaxing read.

The characters have depth to them as much as they need to with a story that is based around summer, sea and sand. I really liked Anna, she is such a typical girl in the way she thinks and sees the world. l loved how alot of the things she thought or did are things l could see myself doing in that situation. Will is a cute guy and definitely goes perfectly with Anna, l enjoyed seeing their relationship grow stronger and face a few things.
The ending is one of those which l can’t decide on. I wanted more but l felt if l would of ‘got more’ then l would of been disappointed it was made into that sort of fairytale ending.
Overall this is a great summer read which l really recommend for a beach read or a lazy afternoon outside in the sun.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixteenth Summer.

04/26/2011 page 39