Shelby's Reviews > The Eternal Ones

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

May 09, 11

bookshelves: audio-books, ya
Read in May, 2011

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect out of this book. I bought my mom the audio version for Christmas because she really likes the gal who reads it. Other than that, I had never heard of it and didn't know anything about it.

Ultimately, I really enjoyed the story. I had planned on only listening to it at work, but found myself turning it on in the car & while I was at home too. The storyline is an original enough idea that it kept me interested. And I liked most of the characters enough to want to know what was going to happen to them next (Beau was BY FAR my favorite! Loved him!). I mostly had the 'bad guy(s)' figured out, but wasn't completely certain of it until it was pretty close to the end and everything came together.

My main complaint was with all of the 'Do I trust him or don't I' flip-flopping throughout the story. In that sense, Ian felt a little too Edward-y, and Haven felt a little too Bella-y for me (sorry to pull out the Twilight reference, but it's hard to avoid with YA love stories), but it wasn't enough to completely annoy me or turn me off from reading the book.

I recently found out that this is going to be a series, and I think I'll probably read the next book when it comes out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Ones.