Katie's Reviews > Winter's Passage

Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Apr 25, 2011

liked it
Read in March, 2011

Warning: You probably don't want to read the following recap if you haven't read The Iron King!

Recap:
Mere minutes after being reunited with her family in the human world, Prince Ash had already returned to collect Meghan Chase and deliver her to Queen Mab in Tir Na Nog.

Winter's Passage, an e-novella, is the story of Ash and Meghan's journey into the Winter Court.

Review:
Ok Book Lovers, you know that The Iron King just didn't do it for me, but I still wasn't ready to give up on the series. When I learned that the Iron Fey site was offering a free download of Winter's Passage, the novella that fits between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to give the series another shot.

At 59 pages, Winter's Passage is a super quick read. I liked that it gave Meghan and Ash's "relationship" a little more time to develop. Their whole attraction didn't make much sense to me in The Iron King, but because the entire novella focused on their travels together, I was able to finally buy in to their growing attraction.

Over the course of their journey to Tir Na Nog, Meghan and Ash travel to visit Puck, one of my favorite characters, who is still healing within a giant oak tree. I have to confess... I love Puck, but I was a little relieved that he was still unconscious because I needed a respite from the Ash-Meghan-Puck love triangle.

Winter's Passage actually got me excited to read The Iron Daughter. It was short, sweet, and focused: the perfect afternoon book-snack. If you want to read it for yourself, the free download is only good until April.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter's Passage.