Darcy's Reviews > Trace of Fever

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

May 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011, e-book, net-galley-books, romance, 2012, audio-book, private-security-investigator
Read from May 12 to 13, 2011

I really liked the first book in this series so I was really looking forward to this book. But after having reading it, it is hard for me to rate. I really liked Trace, but Priss is another case. I am torn between liking her and having her grate on my last sane nerve with her TSTL antics. It is because of that, that I didn't rate the book higher.

I love that Trace is still affected by his sister's kidnapping and it seems that his life's mission is to get rid of people like those that took his sister. By doing so it has taken him to the darker side of life by going undercover within one of these organizations.

It is here that Trace meets Priss, who seems like a ditz. She is claiming to be this bad man's daughter. The attraction is immediate between them, but neither one really trusts the other. Trace realizes that Priss is hiding her real purpose, but does what he can to keep her safe.

Priss's actions at times seem really ballsy, just walking in and stating her connection to the bad guy on one hand, then minutes later she gets all offended and seems like a blushing virgin innocent, all the while we know she owns an adult shop. Very much a contradiction. Priss keeps antagonizing Trace and accepting his protection. This is where she starts to annoy me.

The bad guy in this one is really nasty. He orders Trace to oversee getting her knew clothes, meaning watching her change, also breaking her in to maybe using her in his business. His only reason for not doing it himself is because his girlfriend is crazy and would get out of control. What kind of a man contemplates doing this????

Some of the fun aspects of the book are when Trace takes Priss to Dare and Molly's house for a make-over. Chris is there was well as his friend Matt who does the work. Seeing all of these people together and call both Trace and Priss on their feelings was funny.

Overall this was a fun book to read, even with my issues with Priss. I am now looking forward to the next book even though Jackson was an jerk at the end of this one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trace of Fever.

05/12/2011 page 116

dateDown_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I'm in love with Lori Foster's heroes, but the heroines... not so much.

Darcy I didn't like Priss at all. I am interested to see what you think of the next one. I really liked the sister.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I loved Alani!! She's the only one of the heroines that I liked, really liked. And the only one who used her head. Maybe because her brother is in the business, I don't know, but she got it. Know what I mean? Although, she did make that appearance on the porch with the light shining behind her... LOL

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Maybe my review was a little harsh, I don't know, but Priss did drive me crazy.

Darcy I wouldn't worry about your review being harsh, it is your opinion, you are entitled to feel how you feel.

Darcy What did you think of Arizona? I am hoping there is another book with her and the guy.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Darcy wrote: "What did you think of Arizona? I am hoping there is another book with her and the guy."

I liked the lead up to her, but it bothered me in the beginning because they kept referring to Arizona, and it sounded all mysterious and dramatic. I wish we would have learned earlier that it was a person, and not an event that had taken place, if that makes sense.

But I'm really interested in learning more about her. She sounds like a kick ass heroine.

Darcy I think the lead up was on purpose. I really expected some big horrible event to have happened there. How it played out was so much better.