Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Conspiracy in Death

Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: author-j-d-robb, 2011-read-list, class-adult, genre-crimi, genre-sci-fi
Read from May 22 to June 07, 2011

Mysterious, dynamic and dark.

This was one complicated case. It had a whole lot of villains who, much like on the cover, weaved a web which held back the investigation. The closer Eve got, the more did the people involved hinder her.

I was stunned by the way the author created a sort of ladder for the perpetrators in this one - there were those just acting of silly preconceptions, those who were afraid to be dragged into it along with the culprits, and then - those who were part of the conspiracy. The most interesting twist was how all these circles, though in their way also guilty, were held by the ties of one actual murderer.

And he was one hell of a sadist.

The book was weaved by а crime web only a cop like Eve and her team could solve, not without making their own sacrifices, and taking some nasty hits along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conspiracy in Death.

05/22/2011
1.0% "Just watched the end of season 3 of Castle this week and the cliffi was probably the worst ever! So I need therapy in the form of something similar XD"
05/22/2011
40.0% "Hmmm... Prickles me to use my deductive skills - love that in a thriller."
show 2 hidden updates…