Jessica's Reviews > On a Pale Horse

On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: from-paperbackswap, read-in-2011, read-in-2012
Read from June 11 to 12, 2011, read count: 2

This book would have gotten 5 stars, but the writing style bugged me. I don't think I've ever read a book with so many exclamation marks, and the dialogue was... weird. I can't even put my finger on it, but it was just strange the way everyone talked. Both of these things kept taking me out of the story.

But! Ignoring those complaints, it was a good story. I really enjoyed the world built in this book, and I've already ordered the second book from Paperbackswap. I love the ideas, and I look forward to reading more of this series.

edit 6/12/12: I snagged the audiobook to "reread" this book, and my rating stands. It's an interesting world, with an interesting story, but thee writing just falls flat for me. Plus, anyone with any sort of feminist leanings will find things to be offended by in this book. I mean, okay, he's old fashioned, and the books are almost 30 years old, but still. I was able to ignore it, but probably others won't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Pale Horse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Linda Koerber Love love LOVE this book! So glad you're reading it too!

Jessica It should be coming to me from paperbackswap soooon. A friend recommended it and it sounds fun :D