oliviasbooks's Reviews > Rubinrot

Rubinrot by Kerstin Gier

May 04, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, urban-fantasy-paranormal, read-2011, swapped-or-given-away, historical-fiction, love-story-romance, german-originals
Recommended to oliviasbooks by: Pluemo
Read on May 04, 2011, read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rubinrot.

05/04/2011 page 280
80.0% "It's quite entertaining and will result in a 3-star-rating, but not in my reading the sequels ..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Is this book written in English or German? I see other Bookers that I know don't speak German have this on their TBR, so just curious... :)

message 2: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Scratch that question... My brain was turned off for a bit... They have another edition listed. :P

oliviasbooks It's one written originally in German for a change ...

Miss Bookiverse Will you review? Did you actually finish it? ;)

oliviasbooks Yes, I finished it. It was quite entertaining. Janina said "fluffy". I think she is right. Cute, juvenile, pleasant. I had understood the mystery concerning Gwen being the one after reading the prologue = everything is VERY predictable. Plus: The added title hints at love. There wasn't even romance. A tiny crush maybe.

Miss Bookiverse I agree, it's very predictable and the subtitle is a little misleading (the love story grows in the sequels though). I really liked this one though because it was told in a fresh, cheeky voice and all in all a lot of fun with cute, likable characters. Actually I'd like to urge you to go for Saphirblau because there a new character is introduced (a little stone dragon) that constantly made me smile and giggle with its comments :)

oliviasbooks That Stone-Dragon-Wasserspeier-subplot sounds promising, but I don't think I will pick up Saphirblau (Liebe geht durch alle Zeiten, #2) by Kerstin Gier. Maybe if my TBR pile drops below 5 and there is someone throwing the book at me.

Miss Bookiverse Okay, I give up, I tried my best ;)