Heidi's Reviews > National Geographic Kids Everything Sharks: All the shark facts, photos, and fun that you can sink your teeth into

National Geographic Kids Everything Sharks by Ruth Musgrave

Apr 25, 2011

Did you know that sharks can here pray 820 feet away (over 2 football fields) away? Or that sharks can smell blood one-half mile away? or that sharks like the color yellow because it is easy to see under water? These and other fascinating facts about sharks can be found in this book. Maintaining their high standards, National Geographic has produced another book that begs to be shared. Whether the reader shares facts like those above or the gorgeous photographs, the book is perfect for all those shark-lovers out there, and even those who don't particularly care for sharks will find the information interesting. The book would also be very useful in teaching students how to read graphs, diagrams, and maps, as well as the importance of good captions. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read National Geographic Kids Everything Sharks.

message 1: by Luann (new)

Luann Nice review! But I think you mean that sharks can "hear prey" 820 feet away. Although I like your sentence, too. I can see some survivors in a life raft praying for rescue and a shark 820 feet away under the water listening in. I guess that doesn't work for "here," but it's the picture I got when I read the sentence. :)