Paul's Reviews > The Secret Executioners: The Amazing True Story Of The Death Squad Who Tracked Down And Killed Nazi War Criminals

The Secret Executioners by Danny Baz

May 09, 11

Read from April 08, 2008 to April 13, 2011, read count: 1

This book proved interesting to read, mainly due to the fact that I had heard very little about Aribert Heim or his actions at the Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp. Despite saying this, I found the book to be surprisingly disappointing with how it managed to handle the story it told. I chose to use the term 'story', as I doubted the accuracy of what I read. At times, it felt the story was not progressing anywhere, almost as if the author was trying to extend the overall length of the book. At times, it felt as if it was going around in circles, with Danny Baz painting a tale more of the painstaking work that would go into hunting down a target such as Aribert Heim.

It made an entertaining read, even if it did not make for a historically believable one. If it was prove to be historically accurate, I could see myself enjoying the read more. I prefer books that are marketed as historically accurate to actually be historically accurate, rather than a tale about how an assassination could have happened.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Executioners.