Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Forever Summer

Forever Summer by Alyson Noel

Jul 31, 11

Read in July, 2011

I love summer reads! This book contain two books of a great summer, filled with finding yourself, new loves, and new friends.

The first book, Laguna Cove is about a girl named Anne who moves half way across the country after her parents nasty divorce. Anne is dumped in an abandoned home and hates it. Let me say the both these stories deal with a divorce and finding peace in it. Anne had to learn to deal with her mom's new relationship and her dad's career. The parents I felt were selfish. For me, all I saw was that they really didn't care for their daughter but for themselves. Ann meets new friends, a new guy and find herself in surfing. I wasn't to keen on the ending. It made it seem all fake.

The second book is about Colby who is this time, sent half way across the world during her parents divorce. Put in an uncompromisable position, Colby starts a blog called Cruel Summer in which she writes down everything that she is going through. Now this story was a story that a reader can relate to. I really liked how the reader got to see the anger of Colby and how the divorce effected her. Her mistakes, her flaws, made the character Colby easier to relate. Colby in the end, dealt with the divorce as best as she could.

Both stories were good and very predictable. It was easy to read and very easy to get into. Both stories revolve around the summer forcing each girl to examine whats going on now, how to deal with it and be contempt in who they are now no matter what there parent do.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Summer.

07/21/2011 page 216