Maria's Reviews > Honest Illusions

Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts

Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: romance
Read in April, 2011

Sometimes I have a craving for something other than PNR. Then I often choose Nora Roberts. I really like to know that when you read a Nora Roberts book, nothing will surprise you, the romance is steady and the villain get´s what´s coming to him/her in the end. It´s safe and cosy like an fuzzy blanket in winter.
So Honest Illusions gave me what I craved. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since I have worked with a lot of magicians (not in the scale of the Nouvelles in the story, but still) rope-dancers and escape artists, I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of the book. But I have a bit of a problem with "the noble thief". Even though NR really tried to make the victims evil, it felt wrong. And since that is a big part of the story I can´t give the book more than three stars.

I also liked that we first meet Luke and Roxy when they are young, she is 8 and he is 12, and that we follow them through the years. To follow how their relationship changes from sibling rivalry to something much more steamy. It was fun to read about when Roxy takes matters in her own hands and take Luke where they both want to be.
And I also liked the subtle references to what time period we were in by mentioning a popular song, the fashion and small things like that.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honest Illusions.