Jess - The Tales Compendium's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, debut, favourites, awwww
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and read it all in one sitting.

Setting the story in Paris was such a brilliant idea. Paris is one of those cities that draws you in and just reading the pages made me feel like I was back in Paris (and made me remember all the things I love about that city; I am so going back again soon).

Anna's new friends are the kind of people you would want to hang out with. There were so many moments that made me want to smile, whether it was between Anna and St. Clair or others in their group. I loved their friendly, teasing banter but also the fact that the characters all have other things going on in their lives besides just worrying about if the person they are crushing on likes them back. I like that they make mistakes, that they have heart. There is a depth to Anna and the French Kiss that not alot of YA romance novels have.

Anna is an awesome protagonist who is very easy to relate to; she's very real. She's kind of neurotic, she's funny and she's always trying to do the right thing. St.Clair is absolutely crush-worthy but of course he's human and makes plenty of mistakes. He is charming and sensitive and has alot of his own issues to deal with. Both characters can be so frustrating when they are together, you can feel the romantic tension between them and the awkward moments when you just want them to hurry up and admit how much they like each other. God that tension! There are sweet moments, tear-jerking moments and times when you just wish you could trade places with Anna.

Simply put, you will fall in love with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Jess - The Tales Compendium Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”
Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss