Kristi's Reviews > The Mysteries

The Mysteries by Lisa Tuttle

F_50x66
Apr 24, 11

Read in April, 2011

** spoiler alert ** oh boy ok, because i will half remember this and mix it up with something else later.

here's the play by play american Ian (hate that name) his dad disappears when he is little he finds him again when he is a teen living a happy life with no apology.
ian becomes a pi and apprently reunites lost families although i wish they had actually decribed some of that.
He fails to find a girl that odd,
he did find a girl that had been abducted by the love talker--althogh there is not much follow up on that which felt disconserting
he gets sucked into finding Peri- and maybe has the hots for mom?? that part was unneccessary or incomplete
Peri I thought was a princess and had some sort of special reason of being taken, comes back --because she wants to-- but we really don't ever learn why which caused me to un-suspend my disbelief.

also little side dealio that ian's live in 10 gf gets prego and dissapears on him and he chases her so far but when he learns of the pregancy walks away--runs away. 10 years later after cryptic 3 day dream girl friend jenny - dumb name forest gump- stipulates a reunion day adn time.

and of course there is fred who choose to become a fairiy and ian was unable to save her from that choice. so i liked the way the book ended with fred but i felt a sequel comeing on , what's the deal wtih that??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysteries.