Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Along Came a Spider

F 50x66
Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011-audio-books, 2011-mysteries
Read in March, 2011

Along Came a Spider, by James Patterson, b-plus, narrated by charles Turner, produced by Time Warner Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

This is, I believe, the first Alex Cross book, or at least near the beginning of the series. Alex Cross is Black and a detective in Washington D.C. He is also a trained forensic psychologist and sometimes provides profiles or even interviews suspects to help come up with a conclusion. In this case, we have a serial kidnapper and murderer who wants to be considered important, even if it is for these murders. He was always compulsively drawn to the facts about the Charles Lindberg baby kidnapping and murder, as well as other crimes. This man poses as a math teacher in an exclusive private school and kidnaps two children, one is the daughter of a famous actress, the other is the son of the Secretary of the Treasury. Alex and his friend from boyhood, also a cop, Sam, find themselves working with the FBI and with the Secret Service, including a supervisor, Jezzie Flannigan. The book is compelling. I haven’t liked any of James Patterson’s more recent series, either of his own writing or written with others, except that I’m compelled to read each Women’s Murder Club mystery. But this one is really good, and I remember that I liked early James Patterson.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came a Spider.