Jess - The Tales Compendium's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Apr 24, 11

bookshelves: debut, fantasy-scifi-paranormal
Read in January, 2010

I absolutely devoured this book, I literally couldn't put it down and read it all in one sitting. It was incredibly suspenseful and has a fantastic character in Patch, with his suggestive comments, cheeky smile, and 'bad boy' persona. It's more a thriller than a romantic novel in my opinion, which I thought was a far better way of starting off a series than going all out with romance straight away. I hope the sequel still keeps that thriller essence.

Almost every single supernatural teen book these days is compared to Twilight and I really wish the publishers would stop doing that. I find it off putting (even thought I was a fan of Twilight) and insulting to the authors. Stephenie Meyer didn't come up with the idea of forbidden love and there are plenty of books out there that are supernatural and can stand on their own two feet (so to speak). Hush, Hush is one of them.
My only criticism is that Vee is annoying and not really likable and that I really don't like the book title (sorry Becca!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.