Marsha's Reviews > Ethereal

1991207
Apr 24, 2011

it was ok
Read on April 24, 2011 , read count: Once

I don't really know where to begin with discussing "Ethereal." During the first third of the book, I struggled tremendously with the lack of emotions in the characters. It seemed as though they were soulless. Then, when I discovered that that the main characters were Nephaellim or angels, I couldn't believe it,

16 year old Skyla Messenger and her family have recently moved to the island of Paragon from Los Angeles. Two years prior, Skyla's father died in a car accident. Her mother remarries to a man named Tad, who Skyla refers to as the Step- Monkey. He had two kids and together with Skyla's mom they are the unhappy Brady Bunch. Upon her arrival at Paragon, Skyla immediately hits it off with her next door neighbor who introduces her to Logan Oliver, all around cutie. Logan shares Skyla's talent to mind read and he explains her new found Nephaeliim heritage to her.

All of this sounds interesting except that the characters are devoid of emotions and are selfish, irritating and overindulgent. At times it's hard to know who the good guys are vs. the bad. I will admit that towards the end, I began feeling a little more humanity especially in Gage. However, I am not sure that it is enough to make me want to continue reading the series. However, I've learned in the past to allow at least two books before abandoning a series. Sorry Ms. Moore, the story just barely worked for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ethereal.