Ryan's Reviews > No Passengers Beyond This Point

No Passengers Beyond This Point by Gennifer Choldenko

819178
May 05, 11

Read from April 28 to 29, 2011

I had such an odd reaction to this book that I made my best friend read it. As expected, his was completely different but helped to put mine into perspective.

With that new perspective, I decided that I liked it. I identified with India, convinced that she was the center of the universe and that anything her mother did was designed to ruin India's life. My daughter was this way too. I remember giving her the exact perfect 14-year-old birthday party and being distressed at her reaction of "it was nice". She has told me since that when she got what she believed was her heart's desire, she would discover what she really wanted was far different. I enjoyed Mouse's world, and Finn reminded me a great deal of my son when he was younger. There was a Wrinkle-in-Time quality to the story that I enjoyed and having read this, I will have to re-read that one.

The opening of the book did not distress me - upheaval of that sort was part of my life somehow. How one copes is really what is interesting and I liked reading about the way each handled the stress of their life. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Passengers Beyond This Point.