Wendy Darling's Reviews > Iron Crowned

Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead

Loved parts of it, so frustrated by others. Dump the fox and keep the fairy king, woman!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Crowned.

message 1: by Lani (new)

Lani Woodland I'm team Dorian too!!

Wendy Darling He's a much better match for Eugenie than Kiyo, who has crossed WAY over the line in this book. Besides, Dorian reminds me of a less-drunk, much more powerful Adrian. ;)

The Holy Terror Wendy Darling wrote: "Besides, Dorian reminds me of a less-drunk, much more powerful Adrian. ;)"

YES to this.

Wendy Darling I have to say that RM's really good at writing love triangles, though. I liked Dimitri and Adrian equally for different reasons, and for awhile I really liked both Dorian and Kiyo, too.

Can't wait for Bloodlines! And the next Dark Swan installment, of course.

The Holy Terror It's interesting you say that, most people I talk to are staunchly on one side or the other when it comes to her triangles. I never hated Dimitri, but I always thought he was a bit boring, well, before. I still need to read the last two books in that series ...

Kiyo, I never liked. I thought he was hot for MAYBE a second in the first book, but as soon as he opened his mouth he ruined everything. King Dorian ftw.

Georgina's ending should be interesting as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she ties everything up.

Wendy Darling Oh, Dimitri gets a lot more interesting in the last two books. He's also REALLY frustrating (for obvious reasons), but he shows a different/more assertive side of himself than before. Although it's sort of cancelled out by cold skin and...you know.

In retrospect, I think I was giving Kiyo a bit too much credit and ignored all the niggly signs that were there from the very beginning. I always thought Dorian was the better choice, but I did understand why Eug was torn between them for awhile. She'd better be over that, though.

I have to confess that I have such trouble with Succubus as a series! I read them, obviously, but I have such an issue with the whole set-up. (More in the one book I reviewed here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...) Also, Seth is such a limp noodle for so much of the series, I can't get too excited about him. But RM's consistently entertaining no matter what.