Megan's Reviews > The Magic of Ordinary Days

The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel

Aug 29, 11

Read in August, 2011

Livvy is a well-educated city girl with big dreams, but when she unexpectedly becomes pregnant her minister father forces her to marry a rural farmer she's never met. As Livvy struggles with her feelings about her baby, her new husband, and rural farm life, she's also trying to understand current events such as the images of war-torn Europe she reads in the paper and the German and Japanese-American prisoners of war that work on the farm.

Lovely, just lovely. This is one I will read again and again. I understand there is also a Hallmark movie of this book.

Rated PG-13 for some sexually explicit scenes - the book is charming and for an adult I don't think it's really very explicit, but it's one I wouldn't recommend to a teenager without their parent's approval.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magic of Ordinary Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I love the movie it is one of my favorites. I had to hunt it down in order to buy it.

Megan I haven't seen the movie, but I bought it for my mother-in-law awhile ago. It was on her amazon list. I don't think she knows there is a book.