Danielle Ryan's Reviews > Henry and June: From "A Journal of Love"--The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin

Henry and June by Anaïs Nin

Jun 06, 11

Read from April 23 to May 10, 2011

It happens quickly. That moment when you see something, hear something, experience something and you know immediately that your life or the way that you percieve life will never be the same.......

I am very passionate about this book, not because of its contents, but because of what it has awaken inside of me. Anais Nin gently entered my world and passionately gave me doses of her reality. She is extremely honest in her journal ( which I deeply admire and yearn to emulate)and allows not only herself, but her readers to question,explore, and challenge all of the complexities and intricacies that make us human.

Anais Nin urges her reader to closely examine everything that they have ever believed about the entire notion of good/bad or right/wrong. She demostrated through the purity of her thoughts how to relinquish all of the parameters and constraints that we put on all things considered love, commitment, and particularly sexuality and surrender and marinate in simply "being".

More than anything I love,admire,and yearn to be as authentic with myself and others as Anais was. This book provided me with a new lense to view not only myself, but the world in which I live! I am not sure if the "timing" in my life was just right or what, but this unexpurgated diary was definitely a "must read" for me and it found me in a very unexpecting way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Henry and June.