Susann's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Apr 23, 11

bookshelves: re-read
Read in April, 2011, read count: 3 or 4

The best one. It's the most tightly written and it brings the series to another level of complexity. Harry is grappling with grown-up stuff and yet he really delivers (that's some Patronus, kid).

Sirius Black and Lupin are excellent additions and, while I appreciate Black's bad boy charisma, it's Lupin who wins my heart. I hadn't noticed before what a tough year it is for Hermione, what with her intense timetable and Ron and Harry snubbing her for so long.

Other lovely moments include Harry receiving his first birthday cards ever, his freedom in Diagon Alley, Hermione's Muggles Studies assignment to draw a diagram of Muggles lifting heavy objects, and the Gryffindor-Slytherin Quidditch Final. I tend to skim over sports descriptions in any book, but this one had me cheering in the stands with my scarlet rosette.

Last read: 1-23-05

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan I think it's my favorite one too. It's one of three that made my favorites shelf.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

YES. My fave.