Nicole's Reviews > The Billionaire's Vinegar: The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine

The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace

Apr 23, 11

bookshelves: wine
Read in April, 2011

I read this book on the recommendation of a friend (thanks, Pete!). Even if you're not a fan of wine, this is a fascinating and seriously page-turning read. I'd especially recommend it to fans of the show "White Collar," as some of what goes on in here has been obliquely referenced by that show. It's as much a suspenseful crime/mystery novel as it is a book about wine. Both the people and the wines that Wallace writes about are larger than life.

Every thing that Wallace puts in the book is both necessary and fascinating. He doesn't diverge into rabbit-holes that serve only to show off his research rather than further the narrative. (I'm looking at you, Simon Winchester!) However, the book is in no way a cold listing of facts; it's engaging, enthralling, and you'll learn quite a bit about wine along the way.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Billionaire's Vinegar.