Pete daPixie's Reviews > Thom Yorke: Radiohead and Trading Solo

Thom Yorke by Trevor Baker

May 09, 11

bookshelves: poptastic, biogs
Read from May 08 to 09, 2011

Trevor Baker's biography of Thom Yorke, published 2009, is, as the cover states, the first ever biography of Yorke. Personally, I would have preferred a biography of Radiohead. I suspect there must be one already on the music bookshelves. Sure enough, Thom Yorke is the leader of the band, the writer of the songs and a most interesting and compelling figure, but I felt throughout this read, that I wanted to know more of the other four band members. O'Brian, Colin Greenwood and Selway are more or less absent from the narrative.
Two stars says it was o.k. and I'm glad I could get through this in one day.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thom Yorke.

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda radiohead, fantastic!

Pete daPixie Amanda wrote: "radiohead, fantastic!" You're not wrong Amanda! O.K. Computer & The Bends are two of my fav cd's. Never seen em live though.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Pete wrote: "Amanda wrote: "radiohead, fantastic!" You're not wrong Amanda! O.K. Computer & The Bends are two of my fav cd's. Never seen em live though."

I'm not the biggest radiohead fan, but I do love their sound. The bends and O.K. Computer are good albums though! & of course I've never seen them live either but wouldn't that be a riot. There are too many bands, that would be great to see live. Broken up and together