Christina's Reviews > Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned

May 26, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 52-books-in-52-weeks, never-will-read-again
Read from April 23 to May 20, 2011

This was my first time reading a Walter Mosley novel. I had been recommended to read his books for quite some time, but I never got around to it until now.

I ended up choosing to read this book out of my dusty box book collection to see what I was missing... and sadly enough, I felt that I didn't miss much.

This book is about an ex-convict, Socrates Fortlow, and how he lives his life post-incarceration. Socrates is trying to live a low-key life, while staying under the radar of the police and other authorities. He does good for any and everyone he meets. Tries to do the right thing all the time. He also expects that everyone around to do the right thing and if they don't, then he will show his brute strength and force them along the right path, reminding them of why he went to jail in the first place.

To be honest, I was somewhat disappointed in the slow pace of this book, along with the hidden plot to the story of Socrates Fortlow. This book was a hard read, and very dry to get through.

I would not recommend this book to anyone. The story did not grab my attention at all. I would rate this book a 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned.

05/03/2011 page 111