Eric's Reviews > Falling Under

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: debut-author-2011, paranormal
Recommended to Eric by: Kate
Read on June 20, 2011

At first I wanted to say I was so peeved that I didn't care about the book but then I remembered that there were characters I actually cared about and a story that I wanted to see through. This is way more than I could say about some other books I've read lately.

Overall I think the book was tainted for me the moment they broke the suspension of disbelief. Mostly I was really put off with one moment I fell in love with the text with the "graduated" line (when it was still just a phone to read ebooks) and then later it's an iPhone playing tunes while playing poker. On that note their little ragtag group wouldn't have even considered the idea of strip poker, that is something the sneetches would've done and yet again it cheapens the novel for me a bit.

Overall I did like the idea, the "Up is down. Down is up." had me going for quite some time. I will keep checking back in on this series. I wonder if we know how many is slated. In the meantime I'll just consider, names have power, and for some reason I am sure this will be coming back to haunt Theia later, well unless she finally listens to Varnie :-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Under.

06/20/2011 page 1
0.0% "It never occurred to him that he hadn't broken me of my habits but graduated. Ooo nice :-)"
06/20/2011 page 2
1.0% "Oh good another overly possessive male. Cause that's so original."
06/21/2011 page 3
1.0% "I've got many thoughts in my head right now. I'm done with the book but I'm def not sure how I feel about it. Part of me hates all the popular things that were toss in and another part is trying not to care. Also the last third started to feel like a setup and I just wasn't in the mood. I need more time."