Deanna's Reviews > Quicksilver

Quicksilver by Amanda Quick

Apr 23, 11

Read from April 22 to 23, 2011

This is another winner for me because I just love the series, the world of the Arcane Society that has been created and the setting of this book (the Victorian period).

When I was reading this book, what struck me most about my enjoyment of it was the fact that as I "listened" to the dialogue going on in my head as I read, it was exactly how I envisioned Victorian English would sound and speak to each other. I don't know any of the reality of how they actually sounded but it just seemed authentic to me.

I love that the characters in the book were mature, self assured and self possessed. They did not have much of the angst and any of the contrived misunderstandings or conflicts that seem to drive a lot of other romance stories. I just love the fact that they were adults and they behaved like adults. That just really works for me.

Looking forward to the next book of the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quicksilver.

Quotes Deanna Liked

Amanda Quick
“You mustn’t hit her over the head with it. Women like to be romanced like the heroines in the sensation novels.” “What the devil do you know about sensation novels?” “A man can learn a great deal about women from novels,” Matt said. “You should try it sometime.”
Amanda Quick, Quicksilver

04/22/2011
1.0% "#reading - I am so glad this book cam out so soon after the first book In Too Deep and that I took a while to start reading it, so now I'm reading these two books in rather quick succession. I do so like this series."
04/22/2011
13.0% "#reading - the book is coming along splendidly. I'm gobbling it up rather quickly. No regular blow by blow updates is a good thing. It means the book is too good to put down and I don't have to distract myself with status updates. :-)"
04/22/2011
20.0% "#reading - female hysteria!!!!! How positively hysterical. Good thing I know what it was. How LOL!!!!!! It tickles me pink that Amanda Quick has included it in the book and so apt, such a Victorian thing!!!!"
04/23/2011
100.0% "#reading - brilliant and over way too quickly. I devoured that book and enjoyed Every bit of it thoroughly."