Samantha's Reviews > Desire Untamed

Apr 22, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from May 11 to 12, 2011 , read count: 1

I think this book managed to hit almost all of my pet peeves in romances. The writing style was good, but I just couldn’t get behind most of the characters and a lot of the plot.

Our heroine, Kara, had very little control over anything that happened to her throughout the story. She’s controlled the minute Lyon, the hero, appears. He abducts her from her life and forces her to live with a bunch of his furry friends. Despite him abducting her, Kara is constantly running to Lyon for help and protection. Which happens a lot in the story. Meanwhile, Lyon is debating whether or not he's going to have to kill her for various reasons that pop up. So creepy. Kara is also forced into a relationship she doesn’t want because the magical blue light of doom proclaims that some random guy is her mate. And Lyon is again debating whether or not to kill her because she can't reject her pre-chosen mate for various reasons. Basically, Kara is just one big expendable pawn to the other characters. It was almost painful trying to get through the book with the way she's portrayed and how the others interact with her. It just disturbed me on too many levels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire Untamed.

03/14 marked as: read