Denise's Reviews > The President's Vampire

The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth

Apr 22, 11

Read in April, 2011

At the time I received this ARC copy, I was currently reading and completing a ten book series in a completely different genre. I was anxious to get reading The President's Vampire and started the book and found I had to take a moment because it was so different from what I have read before that I did not know whether to laugh, roll my eyes, or plug on - after all I had agreed to give my opinion of this book. I am often like a dog with a bone and I will keep on reading until I finish, it is my curse you see, I have to know what is going on and how it all ends. Had I been less compulsive in my attitude and set the book aside for a while, I would have totally missed out on a real gem.

The President's Vampire is the second book in the series and I had not read the first "Blood Oath," however, this second book has enough backstory to not be boring and repetitive and is able to stand alone. I feel it is well written and while it jumps around a lot this just adds to the rush to find out how it will resolve. The blurb on the back of the cover sums up the story line well and states "For 140 years, Nathaniel Cade has been the President's Vampire, sworn to protect and serve his country. Cade's existence is the most closely guarded of the White House secrets; a superhuman covert agent who is the last line of defense against nightmare scenarios that ordinary citizens can only dream of."

I would recommend this book to those who would like a bit of something new with a little adrenalin political supernatural rush. I shared the first part with my son who immediately perked up and said he definitely anxious to read it when I finished. Of course now I have to go out and get Blood Oath just to see more in depth where it all started, after all I can always say I got it for my son, even if I do get to read it first.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The President's Vampire.