Valentina Heart's Reviews > Balancing Karma

Apr 22, 11

bookshelves: glbt, glbt-sf-futur-fantasy-paran
Recommended for: Mpreg lovers, but also SF fans who don't mind Mpreg
Read on April 18, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** This story is a wicked mix of different species, powers, characteristics and behavior. It really is a jumble made in probably the best possible moment of inspiration, because what I read was definitely a gorgeous combination of SF and shifters, not to mention all the other sexy things you could wish in a story.

Moswen is a wonderful character whose species is probably the kinkiest I've read about. Almost anything goes with them plus -- you have all those gorgeous shifter instincts as well as appearance thrown into the mix. Just when you think there isn't more to him, he surprises you. Smart, sexy, unusual and extremely direct -- he's basically anything you could want in a character, but then, he's also strong, exceptional and not an easy person to beat in a fight. But one thing you'll just love about Moswen; when he falls in love, it's for keeps. (Did I mention he has a tail?)

Now Kijika is a mix of two species who are almost the exact opposites. As much as Moswen is rare on his planet, that much of a surprise was Kijika for his people. With the skill to raise the dead and kick some major ass, he was also blessed with the ability to birth a child (Not something the two of them planned). Kijika is a geek basically, very skilled and good-hearted but mostly focused on knowledge and his books. (Did I mention he has wings? Jup.)

Two of them together are an interesting combination really, (Oh you'll be surprised to learn that Moswen although stronger and usually a top is shorter than Kijika). Completely different personalities and the way they were brought up make for extremely funny situations and bunch of misunderstandings.

Overall, the world is simply wonderful. The side characters seriously kick ass, and I can't say if Moswen's family is better or Kijika's. Both are harsh in their own way, very intense but above all intriguing and they don't stop surprising you even at the very end.

What made me gush over this story was the brilliant Mpreg execution. I really loved the detailed descriptions and the idea behind it. It's rarely written well, not to mention how hard it is to find a finished story with the same theme. This has jumped to the top of my list and if it's your kink, you just have to read this one.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. Go Read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balancing Karma.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Td (new)

Td Mpreg? ICK!!! Haven't tried it. You made me curious with this one, though. :)

Valentina Heart Okay, if you haven't read an mpreg before I wouldn't recommend you start with this one. It's pretty explicit in that part (Try Messed Examinations or The Seahorse first, both are free). But if you're not grossed by it, the world and the characters are worth reading.

message 3: by Td (new)

Td The closest I got to Mpreg was Lust & Fae and I didn't finish that one or even got close to the Mpreg part. I'll try The Seahorse first, it has a less intimidating word count. :D Thanks!

Cori You sold me - on my way to read now!

Valentina Heart Let me know if you like it? I was so surprised by this story;)

Cori Just finished yesterday - totally loved it! (view spoiler)

Valentina Heart Yeah, I looked over everything else on that page looking for more. It was ugly and desperate lol